Does Video Content Take Forever?
Most people think to shoot and upload a video can take a long time. And they are RIGHT! It can take forever to put your video online, but it does not *have* to be that way.
If you spend a few minutes learning new methods, you can reap the benefits and save tons of time. A ten minute setup on the front end can help you put your video online about 10x faster!
I was able to shoot and post this video from an iPhone 4 in about two minutes. I did it using Posterous.
- Shoot the video using an iPhone and email it to your Posterous account. (I’ll show you how to set this up later.)
- Posterous automatically forwards the video to your page on their site, and to YouTube.
- It also creates a post on your WordPress site (this saves you many steps), and uploads a link and a still image to your post (meaning this Wilderize website). By the way, you can see this link and the picture at the bottom of this page.
- Slight problem: I like the videos on my site to play without leaving the page, so I have to do one more thing….
- Go to my YouTube page and copy the video’s embed code (under the share button)
- Come back to WordPress and paste the embed code into the page. Update changes and that’s it!
Coping the code from YT doubled my time but it was only two more minutes!
This is the result of the YouTube code that will ‘play on this page’.
I like that it will play here on my page, but also that I can easily resize it using the embed code.
This is the original content sent from Posterous.com.
I like having a link and an image, but I don’t like that the link takes viewers away from my site. That is why I added the “embed” step shown above.